Monday, November 14, 2005

Out Too Fast

Race day was fun, though I did my usual "out too fast" thing. I couldn't convince myself to slow down when the pace felt good. Even though it was a good 30 seconds per mile faster than our best training pace. So, I ended up having a great 10 mile race and merely survived the next 10 to finish. I still had fun and enjoyed seeing my wife and daughter cheering me on as I approached the finish line.

Hopefully I will learn something from this and stick to a reasonable pace for the forth coming CIM in December. I'll also have to be better about taking in calories and fluids.

Matt stuck with me through the faster miles then after the turn around at about 10.75 miles he managed to keep going with out slowing as much, so he finished on target at about 3 hours.

My wife did a race-day sign-up for the half marathon and finished on target while pushing the baby jogger the whole way.

Today, and probably for the next few days I'm paying for the race with stiff leg muscles and a sore left knee. Hopefully now that we are officially in the taper part of our training I'll recover quickly and be strong for CIM.

No comments: