Monday, November 28, 2005

Florida Day 2

Well Tom and I made it through the first day of classes and we have just returned to the hotel for a brief break before heading back for the social "Beer Bust". I'm not sure yet if I'll go back for that yet.

Lots of interesting info in each session and the food has been pretty good. I was thinking of buying a new laptop bag as a souvenir but this morning at registration they gave us all a new travel bag with AutoDesk logo, wheels, shoulder straps, and retracting handle. So, I'll probably toss my old bag and just use the new one they gave us.

Lots of stuff I had over looked in AutoCad the I want to implement when I get back to work. One thing may even eliminate a programming project I've been slow to start. They gave us all a free copy of DWF Composer and refreshed us on the idea that this is better than PDF when it comes to sharing AutoCAD drawings. Plus DWF's are also device independent plot files with embedded line weights. And they can contain multiple drawing sheets like PDF's and still potentially be much smaller in size.

The Revit Structure sessions have been very interesting. Definitely looking forward to working more in Revit. They have shown us projects where all drafting has been done in Revit including the detailing. I think it can be a great time saver over the old 2D AutoCAD way of drawing.

Well, we made it back from the vendor Exhibit Hall & Beer Bust. Met some people talked with some product vendors, ate pizza, drank some beer and picked up the freebees and product brochures. The first session tomorrow looks like a long one, 3-1/2 hours but it is on "Getting up and Running on Autodesk Revit - Structure" so it should be interesting. Sofar everything has been at the Dolphin hotel but Tom and I did take a walk over to see the Swan hotel next door during a 1/2 hour break between sessions earlier in the day. The Dolphin is much more interesting. It appears the Dolphin is named after the fish not the mammal.

No comments: