Saturday, March 19, 2011

Found this great new camera on Amazon

Nikon Coolpix S8100 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 10x Zoom-Nikkor ED Lens and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black)I found the Nikon Coolpix S8100 on Amazon while looking for a replacement camera for my Nikon Coolpix S50. Which has been repaired once after being dropped and may be in need of repair again.  After the first repair I've decided it's isn't cost effective to repair these point and shoot digital cameras.  Especially the ones that are in the $200 - $250 or less price range.

So, this new S8100 is great with a much improved image sensor, 1080p video, 12.1 Mega-pixel CMOS, 10x optical zoom, 3in LCD, HDMI out port for direct connection to a TV, and really good low light ability.It charges via USB cable, though the mini jack for the camera is still the Nikon specific shape. It's going for only $220 with Tax & shipping! It feels solid and is very near an SLR in feel!

I can't wait for our next coastal vacation, where I'm sure I'll get plenty of use from this new camera!

No comments: