Monday, May 21, 2007

Praise GOD for keeping us safe!

This morning while driving to work, with my daughter in the back seat, I was just heading out of our neighborhood when, as I approached the turn to the main street I take to the freeway, a big-rig truck came through the intersection from the opposite side turning onto the same road I was going to turn on. Apparently he was going to fast for the turn and the truck rolled onto it's side and slid to a stop across the turn lane I would have been in, in another few seconds.

My first thought, and words out of my mouth, was "Oh my GOD!". Then I quickly turned into the mini-mart lot on the corner, parked and jumped out to go see if the driver was ok. He was kicking his front window out as another guy who was standing in the lot ran over and started helping pull the front window off. The driver got out and quickly moved away from the truck. When he saw that the truck wasn't going to ignight, he started cussing and hitting the truck in disgust. He then got his stuff out of the cab.

Since the driver appeared to be ok, I got back in the car and continued off to work. I told my daughter it was lucky we weren't in the turn lane yet when that truck over-turned.

I was shaken abit as I thought how close it was. I told my daughter we should thank GOD that we were still safe.

No comments: