Wednesday, December 07, 2005

California International Marathon

Well, I survived CIM and finished an hour and 10 minutes faster than my first marathon 7 years ago. I think I'll stick to 1/2 marathons and shorter for any future distance races. I'm still a little
stiff but getting better each day. My legs really tightened up on me those last few miles. The weather was great though witch is unusual for this race. I've been a spectator every year for the last 7 years and there has been some very cold and wet conditions most of the time.

My neighbor ran a better race and finished right around our goal time which was only 22 minutes faster than me. Considering he dropped me with 8 miles to go that's not a big difference!

My long time friend from high school was shooting for a Boston qualifier and ran a 3:38:54 missing it by ~18 minutes. So close! Maybe next year!

No comments: